Black Youth Project | Chicago, IL
- $20,000 to fund local organizing projects for 7 BYP100 Chapters- This includes paying kids for their time, transportation, and meals.
- $5,000 to fund printing and purchasing of political education materials (e.g. books, e-magazines, documentaries etc.)
For more action, check out their website: www.byp100.org
Gathering For Justice/ Justice League | New York City
- Justice League NYC ($15,000) – 2017’s immediate agenda includes legislative initiatives The Right To Know Act, Raise the Age NY and #CLOSERikers; and providing support and human resources to January’s Women’s March on Washington.
- Justice University ($10,000) – We are extremely grateful for this timely funding from CKF that will jump-start an ambitious new initiative. Building on the success of Justice League NYC’s multi-year direct action, nonviolence and organizing trainings, Justice University gives us an opportunity to build a substantive and ground-breaking curriculum that will incorporate all of the above trainings into an in-depth, 12-month program, culminating in a community service project.
For more action, check out their website: www.gatheringforjustice.org
Communities United For Police Reform | New York City
Communities United for Police Reform (CPR) is is an unprecedented campaign to end discriminatory and abusive policing practices in New York, bringing together a movement of community members, lawyers, researchers and activists to work for change. The partners in this campaign come from all 5 boroughs, from all walks of life and represent many of those most unfairly targeted by the NYPD. This groundbreaking campaign is fighting for reforms that will promote community safety while ensuring that the NYPD protects and serves all New Yorkers. We are in communities and on the streets, educating people about their rights; and in the courts and on the steps of City Hall and the state capitol, demanding change to the NYPD — until these discriminatory and abusive policies end.
This donation will specifically pay for:
- $10,000 – Coordinate policy campaigns to advance police accountability.
- This will include:
- Citywide campaign to pass the #RightToKnowAct in the New York City Council. The Right To Know Act is endorsed by over 200 organizations in New York City
- NYS policy reform to protect the rights of New Yorkers and promote police accountability.
- This will include:
- $5,000 – Ensure effective monitoring and implementation of the special prosecutor executive order, Community Safety Act provisions and other policy wins that CPR has achieved.
- $10,000 – Strengthen the capacity of grassroots community education and organizing to secure concrete advances for communities most impacted by NYPD abuse and discrimination.
For more action, check out their website: www.changethenypd.org
I Will Not Die Young Campaign | Milwaukee, WI
- $5,000 – Event Organizer, Project Manager, Performer, Facilitator for 10 intense healing workshops for chronically at risk youth + 10 mock funeral ALL school assemblies.
- $5,000 – 50 youth leaders awarded a 100 stipend (5 youth leaders per school at 10 schools) to perform peer outreach and gather as many as I will not die young text petition signatures as possible at each school.
- $500 – Transportation (bus passes) to city hall for the youth leaders.
- $5,000 – Follow-up Counseling Services/Fiscal Agent.
- $2,500 – Guest Facilitators/Speakers .
- $1,000 – Nation Builder Text Petition Website (@ $200 per month x 5 months).
- $200 – Supplies/Materials – mock obituaries, promotional flyers etc.
- $800 – Cost for Casket
- $500 – Transportation of Casket ($50 to transport 10 times toad from schools
For more action, check out their website: www.iwillnotdieyoungcampaign.com